My Favourite Chai Spice Tea Recipe
This chai spice tea recipe is made with anti-inflammatory Ayurvedic ingredients. If you drink it regularly it will help relieve inflammation such as arthritis, or stiffness as it relaxes the mind while you enjoy it’s unique chai flavours. Ginger root has a whole host of proven health benefits that you can read about by clicking here. Turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and black pepper round out the flavour of this chai spice tea. All of these spices have a whole bunch of amazing benefits f or the body and mind.
My Favourite Spice Tea Recipe
This easy to make tea is made with a few simple ingredients. It really reminds me of Chai tea, but it's got a little extra zip with the addition of fresh ginger root, cloves and black peppercorns (don't look at me like that- just go ahead and try it). I made it in my Instant Pot, but you could just as easily make it on the stove. I just don't like burning propane when prices are so high, so the Instant Pot saves the day again.
- 1 Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 20 whole cloves
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 10 slices fresh ginger root
- 2 tbsp black tea
- 2 tbsp ground cardomom (use 15 whole green pods if you have them)
- 1 tbsp tumeric powder
- 10 cups water
- Put water into the Instant Pot pot and add ginger root slices, cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns, and cloves. If you are going to use cardamom pods, you can add them here.
- Put black tea, ground cardamom, and turmeric, into a tea bag and tie it tighlty so the smaller, finer ingredients can't escape.
- Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook for 8 Minutes
- After time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Serve hot, pouring into a cup and adding your favorite sweetener and oat milk. I used maple syrup to sweeten mine and it was a perfect balance for the spice mix.
This recipe is made with anti-inflammatory Ayurvedic ingredients. Theoretically, if you drink it regularly it would help relieve inflammation such as arthritis, or stiffness. Ginger root has a whole host of proven health benefits that you can read about by clicking here. Turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and black pepper also have a whole bunch of wonderful benefits for the body and mind. Even if it doesn’t have you flexing like a Yogi, this is a gently warming, spice tea. It has an enchantingly wonderful mix of spice flavors and just a little heat. This chai-like spice tea is absolutely delightful to sit next to a campfire wit while you plan your next adventure. If you try this and love it as much as I do, it would sure make my day to read about it in the comments. Enjoy 🙂