You’ll Never Go Back To Buying Hummus
After you try this outrageously delicious and simple hummus recipe, you probably won’t want to eat store-bought hummus again. It’s creamy and smooth with just the right garlicky tanginess. This versatile chickpea dip can serve as a sandwich spread as well as being an irresistibly delicious dip for pita wedges and crackers. What’s more this dip works well with veggies too. Not only that, it’s super budget friendly when you make it with dried chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans.
Budget Friendly Ingredients
You’ll find the best deals on dried chickpeas/garbanzo beans and tahini in the ethnic foods section in your local supermarket. I like Tamam Tahini the best but you could use any tahini, including homemade tahini. It’s no wonder that hummus is one of the most popular plant based recipes!
This recipe uses economical dried chickpeas. However, there’s no reason you couldn’t do things the super-easy way by using canned chickpeas if you were in a hurry (or just feeling lazy).
For serving, you can top with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, and a handful or fresh herbs, olives, or pine nuts. This recipe is a really great starter or snack. Try it beside some freshly grilled veggies.
The Best Hummus Recipe
- 1 Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 food processor You can also use a blender
- 1 cup dried chickpeas you can use a can of chickpeas instead, but they usually have added salt
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup tahini tahini is sesame/sesame oil paste that helps add a creamy texture and nutty taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, herbs, olives, pine nuts any of these is optional
- place 1 cup of dried chickpeas in Instant Pot
- Add 3.5 cups of water
- Use the Beans/Chili function or set Pressure Cook for 45 minutes- It's better to cook the chickpeas for too long. Let it release pressure on its own.
- Allow to chick peas to cool