Grilled Mushrooms Recipe:
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
I’m excited ’cause it’s almost mushroom season on the coast. This is another amazing vegan recipe that anyone will love, even if you don’t do plant based. This delicious grilled mushroom recipe is made with portobello mushrooms, but trying it with bolete mushrooms is on my culinary bucket list. The secret is in the marinade, made with Bragg sauce, available at most grocery stores in the spice aisle. While you’re there, look for liquid smoke, it’s a staple in vegan kitchens and adds a nice smoked flavour to stews and chili too.
A Great Campfire Recipe
I love cooking food in my grill basket over a wood campfire. I don’t do propane barbequing, because wood is so handy and I really like the smoky flavour it gives to barbecued food. However, there’s no reason you can’t try this marinated mushroom recipe on a propane barbecue. I would even try it in the oven under the broiler for a late fall treat on a rainy day.
Grilled Vegetables Make This Recipe Perfect
The grilled veggies in this recipe make it more than just grilled portobello mushrooms. Grilled Tomatoes, onions, and peppers add nutrients add flavour. If you like, try adding a few Italian Beyond Sausages to add protein and make a complete and satisfying meal.
Marinated Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- Barbecue or campfire grill basket
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 thick sliced onion I like red, but use what you have
- 12 Grape tomatoes
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 Beyond meat sausages cut in 1 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Brag Sauce
- 2 tbsp HP Sauce you can also use vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
Prepare the Veggies
- Wash and dry all of your veggies
- cut the peppers into bite sized bits
- slice the onion into 1/4 thick slices
- Put the mushrooms and veggies into a marinating tray or baking pan. Be sure the mushrooms are gill side up.
Make the marinade
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together until they are one beautiful, aromatic marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the mushrooms, veggies, allowing it to sink into the mushrooms, especially.
- Allow the mushrooms and veggies to marinate for 10- 20 minutes or even more, if you can.
- put the veggies and mushrooms into a flat grill basket and slowly grill over a fire until they are somewhat soft and the onions are translucent.